As a smiling Obama rides a tidal wave of public approval, the White House webpage (www.whitehouse.gov, “Civil Rights”) reveals his true identity: a left-of-left liberal determined to pass the most pro-homosexual, free-speech destroying legislation ever to come before Congress, including ENDA, expanded hate crime laws, and legal “support for the LGBT community.”
Obama says, “this nation is going to live up to its founding promise of equality by treating all its citizens with dignity and respect.”
The White House webpage says he wants to:
- Expand Hate Crimes Statutes: In 2004, crimes against LGBT Americans constituted the third-highest category of hate crime reported and made up more than 15 percent of such crimes. President Obama cosponsored legislation that would expand federal jurisdiction to include violent hate crimes perpetrated because of race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or physical disability. As a state senator, President Obama passed tough legislation that made hate crimes and conspiracy to commit them against the law.
- Fight Workplace Discrimination: President Obama supports the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, and believes that our anti-discrimination employment laws should be expanded to include sexual orientation and gender identity. While an increasing number of employers have extended benefits to their employees' domestic partners, discrimination based on sexual orientation in the workplace occurs with no federal legal remedy. The President also sponsored legislation in the Illinois State Senate that would ban employment discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
- Support Full Civil Unions and Federal Rights for LGBT Couples: President Obama supports full civil unions that give same-sex couples legal rights and privileges equal to those of married couples. Obama also believes we need to repeal the Defense of Marriage Act and enact legislation that would ensure that the 1,100+ federal legal rights and benefits currently provided on the basis of marital status are extended to same-sex couples in civil unions and other legally-recognized unions…”
- Oppose a Constitutional Ban on Same-Sex Marriage: President Obama voted against the Federal Marriage Amendment in 2006 which would have defined marriage as between a man and a woman and prevented judicial extension of marriage-like rights to same-sex or other unmarried couples.
- Repeal Don't Ask-Don't Tell: President Obama agrees with former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff John Shalikashvili and other military experts that we need to repeal the "don't ask, don't tell" policy. The key test for military service should be patriotism, a sense of duty, and a willingness to serve. Discrimination should be prohibited...”
- Expand Adoption Rights: President Obama believes that we must ensure adoption rights for all couples and individuals, regardless of their sexual orientation. He thinks that a child will benefit from a healthy and loving home, whether the parents are gay or not.”
Deceiving the Elect?
Even many Christians and conservatives are enamored with Obama. They better be disenchanted fast. Obama will soon use the powerful wave of public approval as a battering ram to overwhelm Congress and pass the hate bills and ENDA. He will use oratorical skill and persuasion to make America a hate crimes police nation like Canada. Unless we stop him.
Two years ago, a friend and Christian activist told that, while assigned as a law enforcement officer to guard then-state Senator Barack Obama, he found the politician so devoid of belief in anything except political ambition that he thought Obama was the anti-Christ. Like the coming anti-Christ, Obama is seen by hundreds of millions as our hoped-for deliverer. What he’ll really deliver is unprecedented liberal legislation destroying our First Amendment liberties and all other freedoms with it.
NOW is the time to continue protesting hate and homosexual-advancing legislation—not after Obama’s oratory has charmed Congress and the American people.
When Obama soon makes his pitch for hate bill and ENDA passage, he must be met by the icy response of members of Congress who have already heard from their constituents. These have shouted, “No!” to making America a hate crimes gestapo like Canada.
Call toll-free 1-877-851-6437 or toll 1-202-225-3121. Tell your members of Congress, "Please don’t vote for ENDA and the hate bills HR256 and HR262. Hate and bias crime laws have taken away free speech in Canada and many European countries."
Rev. Ted Pike is director of the National Prayer Network, a Christian/conservative watchdog organization.
Listen to Rev. Ted Pike debunk hate bill lies. Watch our 10-minute video, "Hate Laws Lies: Exposed!" at www.truthtellers.org. Also at www.truthtellers.org, watch our gripping 82-minute documentary "Hate Laws: Making Criminals of Christians."
Let the Anti-Defamation League of B'nai B'rith teach you how they have saddled 45 states with hate laws capable of persecuting Christians: http://www.adl.org/99hatecrime/intro.asp.
Learn how ADL took away free speech in Canada and wants to steal it now in the U.S. Congress. Watch Rev. Ted Pike's Hate Laws: Making Criminals of Christians at video.google.com. Purchase this gripping documentary to show at church. Order online at www.truthtellers.org for $24.90, DVD or VHS, by calling 503-853-3688, or at the address below.
TALK SHOW HOSTS: Interview Rev. Ted Pike on this topic. Call (503) 631-3808.
NATIONAL PRAYER NETWORK,
P.O. Box 828, Clackamas , OR 97015